- Access a global network of more than 83,000 AIA members backed with 150 years of AIA history.
- AIA Shanghai can advise foreign businesses and architects on the inner workings, regulations and practice methods of local architects and affiliated professionals.
- Interact with other architects and affiliated professionals at regular committee / chapter meetings.
- Site and Building Visits to historic and new structures.
- AIA Shanghai offers Continuing Education System (CES) seminars to promote learning and awareness in the field of architecture and related professions.
- Awards Program to acknowledge achievements in Architecture, Planning and Interior Design.
AIA NATIONAL BENEFITS
- A subscription to Architect Magazine, the Institute’s award-winning monthly magazine, and AIA/Architect, the Institute’s monthly newsletter.
- Discounts on AIA books, contracts and documents.
- Business service discounts, including member discounts on long-distance phone rates, Airborne Express, office supplies, copiers, Hertz, Avis, National Budget and Alamo car rentals, etc.
- Group insurance for members and their employees.
- http://www.aia.org/, a website designed specifically for architects, providing access to a wide range of services, from networking with colleagues to identifying potential business opportunities.
- AIA Library and Archives, the nation's pre-eminent source of information about the practice and profession of architecture, is staffed with trained professionals to help members locate information. Fulfillment of book, videotape and slide loan requests, locating answers to research questions, and more extensive research services are available.
- Nationwide public relations campaigns to increase public awareness and client recognition of the importance of architects and architecture.
- Participation in the AIA Knowledge Communities, which provide AIA members the opportunity to share and discuss issues of common concern with colleagues across the country in 22, specialized fields.
- At the federal government level, the Institute represents the collective voice of architects by promoting new legislation, standards or regulations, or defending existing ones, in Congress and in agency offices.
For more information regarding AIA benefits, please access our online member resource guide here.